At the Warehouse in Somerville, New Jersey all our apartments are equipped with an electric PTAC unit for both heating and cooling. The filters are reusable and meant to be washed. Check out below for a few east tips on how to clean it yourself.
1. Carefully remove the filter from the PTAC unit once it has been turned off
2. Gently use a vacuum to remove any loose dust and dirt particles
3. Using a dish detergent gently wash the filter
4. For a deeper clean fill your sink base, with one-part warm water and one-part white vinegar. Allow the filter to soak for one hour
5. Rinse the filter and allow to dry before carefully replacing it back in the PTAC unit