Ever wonder how to clean all the grease out of your microwave with ease? Follow these simple steps to get a sparkling clean microwave.
Inside of the Microwave:
1) First step is to steam the inside of your microwave to loosen up all the grim that has been cooked on. There are a few different ways that you can do this.
- Squeeze the juice of a lemon into a large mug or bowl, put both halves of the lemon in, and then cover with water leaving enough room for the water to boil. Microwave until the water starts to boil, then leave the bowl in the microwave to cool down and allow the steam to work, then wipe clean.
- Put about 3 or 4 wet paper towels in the microwave and heat them for a few minutes. Allow them to sit in the microwave until cool enough to handle and use to wipe the inside of the microwaved clean.
- Wet your sponge and microwave for a few minutes, allow to sit and cool down, then use the sponge to wipe down the inside of the microwave.
2)To neutralize any orders and help disinfect your microwave spray with a 1:1 ratio of vinegar and water and let sit for 15 minutes before wiping clean.
3)After steaming the microwave if there is still caked on debris you can utilize a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, or you can make a paste using baking soda. Mix a little water into a bowl of baking soda, just enough to make a thick paste, and then apply the mixture to any remaining debris in the microwave. Let the mixture sit for at least 15 minutes then scrub with a sponge.
Outside of the Microwave:
1) Use any multipurpose cleaner to wipe down the exterior of the microwave. If the outside is greasy, you can use a mixture of Dawn dish soap and water to remove the caked-on grease.
2) If your microwave oven is stainless steel a little bit of rubbing alcohol can be used to remove any fingerprints.