Southern Peach Cobbler
- 8 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced into thin wedges
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 cup flour
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 6 Tbsp unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup boiling water
- Cinnamon Sugar mixture - 3 Tbsp sugar, 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F
- In a large bowl combine peaches, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/4 tsp cinnamon, nutmeg, lemon juice, and cornstarch. Toss until evenly coated and pour into a 2 quart baking dish. Bake for 10 minutes.
- While that bakes make the topping. Combine flour, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until texture is coarse and crumbly. Stir in boiling water just until combined.
- Remove peach mixture from oven add topping in spoonful’s, then sprinkle the entire cobbler with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake until topping is golden brown, approximately 30 minutes.